Robotic Process Automation is a process to replace the human effort by bots to do repetitive and mundane tasks. The advantages of RPA are increased efficiency, accuracy and higher ROI.
It also frees the human resources to be used for better and more productive jobs. Actually, RPA is a piece of highly customized software, often called a Software Robot or a BOT, that when deployed perform a variety of tasks as a part of the Digital Enterprise.
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Robotic process automation (RPA) is the use of software with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities to handle high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform. These tasks can include queries, calculations, and maintenance of records and transactions.
How Do We Use It?
RPA can be deployed in any type of enterprise. There are numerous use cases ranging from IT infrastructure to services to procurement services. Use cases span any and all industries. Let me provide one quick example of RPA to which it may be easy to relate.
Bill, for example, is in charge of paying invoices for his company. When invoices arrive, he contacts the person who received the service in his company either by email, phone call or chat. Once Bill receives confirmation, he authorizes the payment for the invoice. This process can be automated in many ways.
For example, you may want to auto-authorize payments for invoices less than $1,000. A BOT can be used to do this based on that condition. Another way a BOT can be used in this example is to eliminate the need for Bill to contact the service recipient and have the BOT directly send the message. The recipient can simply press “Yes” or “No” for the payment. All Bill would have to do is oversee this automated process. Although this example is pretty simple in nature, one can automate far more complex processes as long as they are repeatable.
Benefits of RPA Software
Here, we list top-5 benefits of implementing RPA software for your company.
- Reduced costs: By automating tasks, cost savings of nearly 30% can be achieved over the output of productivity. Software robots also cost less than a full-time employee.
- Better customer experience: Deploying RPA frees up your high-value resources for them to be put back on the front line defining your customer success.
- Lower operational risk: By eliminating human errors such as tiredness or lack of knowledge, RPA reduces the rate of errors thereby providing a lower level of operational risk.
- Improved internal processes: In order to leverage AI and RPA, companies are forced to define clear governance procedures. This, in turn, allows for faster internal reporting, on-boarding and other internal activities.
- Does not replace existing IT systems: One of the biggest advantages of using a virtual workforce, or an RPA bot is that it does not require you to replace your existing systems. Instead, RPA can leverage your existing systems, the same way a human employee can.
Teplar helps companies to improve their services by connecting their existing systems to robot-aware technologies, that increase speed and efficiency and pave the way for your digital transformation.
To learn more about how Teplar solutions can help streamline your processes with RPA, contact us today.